Ghost guns may be the scariest and fastest growing gun safety threat in the country, allowing anyone to make an untraceable weapon in less than an hour.
Now, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is asking for the public to weigh in on a proposed rule that will help stop the spread of these ghost guns and save lives.
How to format your comment:
- Clearly express your support for the proposed life-saving rule. (We've provided examples below)
- If you need to look up the proposed rule, its formal title is ATF 2021R-05.
To get you started, here are some examples of comments you can submit. You can use the opening sentence we've provided, as well as 1-2 of the bulleted supporting points:
I am writing in support of the ATF's proposed rule that would help stem the rise of ghost guns.
- This proposed rule is a win for public safety and a loss for any criminals or extremists who wanted to buy untraceable guns with no background check and no questions asked.
- Ghost guns may be the scariest and fastest-growing gun safety threat in the country, allowing anyone to make an untraceable weapon in less than an hour.
- Ghost guns have emerged as a weapon of choice for violent criminals, gun traffickers, dangerous extremists, and other people legally prohibited from buying firearms. The under-regulation of these core parts has made ghost guns the fastest-growing gun safety problem facing our country.
After you submit your comment, please let us know by filling out this form—it will help us track the campaign's progress >>